Newsletter May 2020
Washington Elementary School
Virtual Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 11:30 am
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
May 25th - No School
May 25 - 29 - Virtual Talent Show!
June 3 - Last Day of School
How to Participate:
1. Click on this Flipgrid link.
2. Login with Google.
3. Choose a talent.
4. Post a video of your talent to Flipgrid.
5. Watch other videos.
Talent Show Logistics:
ALL grade levels are welcome to participate
Up to ONE 3 minute video may be made per student
Please make sure music is school appropriate
Other people/family members can be a part of the video
Post your video between May 25-29
A letter from our School Nurse...
From the Washington School Health Office:
Hello Washington School families, as we wrap up this school year, we are already looking ahead to next year. If your student has a change in their health or has a healthcare need at school, please contact me via email over the summer and I will get back to you before the start of next school year.
If your student will need to take a medication at school, please work with your doctor to have the medication request form completed, signed, and faxed before the start of the school year. You will also receive a hard copy of this medication request form in your summer envelope. The fax number for Washington is at the bottom of this letter. Your doctor can fax the MRForm directly to our office. As a reminder, the directions on the medication bottle must match the written order on the medication request form.
If your student has a health plan (IHP) or emergency plan on file with the school, you will be receiving a copy to update for 2020-2021 school year over the summer as well. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
A few reminders:
- Stock Epi-pens do NOT go on field trips.
- Please fill out Emergency Epi-Pen/Anaphylaxis Plan even if you don’t have a personal Epi at school.
- PRN medications (Ibuprofen, Tyelnol, Tums etc.) must come in a New, unopened Bottle.
- Is your child up to date with their immunizations? Summer is a great time to get to the doctor for physicals and immunizations! All students entering 6th grade are required to have their Tdap! Are your children vaccinated against the measles? Please check with your doctor to see what wellness requirements are needed for your child. Because of COVID-19 we know this will be tough!
The School District will be directing us with Dates and Times for Medication pick-ups as well as any extraneous items your student might have left at school. (Extra clothes, shoes, boots, art projects...) Thank you for your patience.
Also, THANK YOU for being WASHINGTON STRONG!
Be safe, Be well, Be Kind! Enjoy your summer!
Marni Noldin DePeau RN, Mira Carriveau LPN and Shonda Messerschmidt Health Assistant
Washington Fax# 920-424-7597
Annual Online Enrollment...
The OASD's required Annual Student Update (Enrollment) for Returning Students began last month. Please take time to complete the annual enrollment by going to your Parent Portal. In the Index you will click on "more" to see the annual student enrollment. If you have questions or need assistance, contact our school secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org.