Newsletter November 2019
Washington Elementary School
SAVE THE DATE!
What: Holiday Concert
When: December 12th
Where: Alberta Kimball
November 1 - PTO Movie Night "Hotel Transylvania"
November 12 - 4th Grade to Youth Symphony
November 13 - Early Release
November 14 - PTO Meeting
November 21 - Student Showcase Night
November 26 - Thanksgiving Parade
November 27-29 - No School
WASHINGTON FALL MOVIE NIGHT!
Come join us Friday, November 1st at 6:00PM. Doors open at 5:30PM!
Enjoy a family movie the day after Halloween for no charge!
PTO will host a bake sale for goodies.
Come and get a good spot on a gym mat to curl up with your family! Dress in comfy clothes and bring blankets!
See you there!
The Book Fair is coming to Washington!!
Students ONLY: Tuesday 9-3, Wednesday 9-3, Thursday 9-3, Friday 9-12
Families Welcome: Thursday 5:00-7:15PM for the Student Showcase Night.
Wash @ Wash
Last year, Washington received a washer and dryer to help support our families. We know that laundry services, supplies, and appliances are expensive, and not readily available for all families. At the end of October, a consent form was sent home. Please return the form to Washington if your student would benefit from laundry services.
Here’s how it would work:
- You will receive a text or email that a laundry loop is coming home
- Two laundry loops & a small garment bag for socks would be sent home
- Each student may ONLY bring what they can fit on the loops or in the bag. Loose items will NOT be laundered
- You will be asked to return the laundry loop with clothing items for washing in a sealed plastic bag within two school days
- Laundry bags should be turned into the office first thing in the morning
- Laundry would be completed that school day
- Clean laundry will be placed in a sealed bag and sent home with your child the same day.
- ONLY student laundry services are available at this time. Please do not send clothing items belonging to other friends or family members.
By signing and returning this form you consent to have Washington staff launder your child’s clothes. Laundry must be attached to the laundry loop or in the garment bag. Loose items will not be laundered by staff. Washington staff is NOT responsible for any items lost in transit to/from school to home. All laundry will be dried in our heated dryers. If you have items that require air drying or special care, please DO NOT send them to school to be laundered.
The Cold Weather is Here...
Please remember to send your children to school with warm clothes for inclement weather. Temperatures and appropriate outside recess wear is:
Below 50 degrees- students need a coat
Between 50-60 degrees- students need to wear long sleeves
61 degrees and above- students choice (shorts are allowed)
All students will be outside before school, at recess, and lunch unless the temperature is below 10 degrees or a wind chill of below zero.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Times
Please note that Washington staff does not begin providing supervision until 7:25 am before school and supervision ends at 3:00 pm after school. When students arrive at school earlier or stay at school later, they are on the playground without adult supervision. Please make every effort to ensure students are arriving after supervision starts and picked up before supervision ends. The safety of our students is important to us and we want to make sure that, if they aren’t with us, they are with you!
Follow Washington Elementary School on Facebook!